Government Proposal Writing Consulting Services
Over 30 Years of Experience in Government Contract Procurement Bidding. Call 1-8666-601-5518.
Knowing Getting a clear understanding of each government proposal’s requirements and being able to capture the source selecting team’s attention is the starting point for responding to federal bids. Writing a responsive but technically superior bid is the key element of writing and getting the award. Failure to any of these main points will almost guarantee a losing proposal. We help by:
- Developing technical content that demonstrates your understanding of the government’s requirements;
- Writing a proposal that focuses on your technical approach and management approach. This is where contractors miss critical evaluation points;
- Showing how to gain strengths that can lead to higher best value and trade-off results. This is important even if your price is higher.
With over 30 years of actual government contracting experience, and serving on various source selection boards for the federal government, our proposal writing consultants and lawyers at Watson & Associates, LLC provide high-level strategies and direction to help small businesses and larger DOD contractors to increase their chances of writing a winning proposal. Our goal is to increase clients’ technical proposal strengths and overcome any perceived weaknesses that they have.
Complete Government Proposal Writing Services
The Federal Government Proposal writers at Watson & Associates, LLC help small businesses and large DOD contractors across the country to solidify their proposal writing strategies and increase their chances of getting meaningful consideration for award.
- A-Z Technical Proposal Writing;
- Editing, Critique and Review;
- Proposal development;
- Compliance evaluations;
- Red Team review;
- Task Orders, LPTA, and FAR 15 Negotiated Bids;
- Past Performance Consulting;
- Subcontracting Plans;
- Construction proposals;
- Services Contracts; and
- Performance-based contract proposals.
To speak with a proposal consultant, call for a FREE initial consultation at 1-866-601-5518.
FLAT RATES AVAILABLE.
Our Clients Come From Various Industry Groups
Watson’s government proposal writers serve small and large businesses through the U.S. and overseas. They come from various industry groups including Information Technology (IT), professional services, medical, real estate, aerospace and aviation, construction and engineering, transportation and others. With a success rate of 72.7% in 2015, we pride our efforts when we help contractors to adopt acceptable federal government proposal writing best practices.
We help Contractors to Overcome Some of the Most Costly Mistakes in Government Proposal Writing
The Agency generally awards to one bidder. We help companies to target that goal. From years of government contracting experience and practice, we have seen companies lose government bids through common mistakes in their proposal writing strategies. Our government proposal writers help you to:
- Learn how to write proposals that address the agency’s problem;
- Implement stronger technical proposal writing skills;
- Avoiding past performance evaluation landmines and focusing on relevancy, size and complexity;
- Developing critical compliance matrices that focus on proposals not being thrown out as non-compliant;
- Improving government proposal writing strategies when using teaming agreements or key subcontractors to reach larger government projects.
Write Stronger Technical Proposals
This is where most contractors fail.
The key to winning a government contract is writing to the level and weight given to factors and sub factors in the Request for Proposal (RFP). As obvious as this may sound, this is where even large DOD contractors have lost multi-million dollar contracts. As government proposal writers our consultants help you to:
- Develop your proposal with stronger staffing approaches; and
- Ultimately focus on reducing the government’s risk of non-performance.
As of the top consulting firms for federal RFP bids, we work with key client players and develop varying approaches when responding to lowest priced technically acceptable evaluation or negotiated proposals (approaches are different).
Learn From Government Proposal Experts How Agencies Evaluate Your Proposals
Writing a proposal for federal projects means having a clear understanding of agencies evaluate your technical proposal since they tend to have the most heavily weighted evaluation scores. You must also adapt your proposal writing strategies to align your company with recent source selection techniques. For example, you must be able to distinguish how to write a government contract proposal that is evaluated as a lowest priced technically acceptable bid versus a negotiated proposal under FAR 15 with applicable factors and subfactors.
Technical proposal writers that do not apply these critical nuances will more than likely not help you to get the evaluation scores you seek. This is where Watson’s government proposal writing consulting services soar above our competitors. If your company is experiencing reduction in getting more awards, you may want to adopt different government proposal writing and development strategies.
Overcome Hurdles With Lowest Priced Technically Acceptable Proposals & Bids
Lowest Priced Technically Acceptable evaluation criteria and performance-based contracts. Agencies are also developing new evaluation strategies that allow them to assign more weaknesses in your technical proposal. This is especially true with lowest priced technically acceptable government bids. When reasonably related to the solicitation’s evaluation criteria, your technical proposal writing efforts stand a chance of getting more strengths than weaknesses in your technical approach. This is where our government proposal writing consultants soar above the competition.
See Our Proposal Services page for more details.
Learn about Formal Proposal Presentation Tips.
Call us to Get Started
If you are facing a short deadline, overwhelmed, or simply need experience professionals to help you increase your chances of winning, call our government proposal writers at 1-866-601-5518. We offer a FREE Initial Consultation.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
Professional Government Proposal Writing & RFP Consulting Services
With more than 30 years of experience in federal procurement, and regarded as one of the top consulting firms, our proposal writers and proposal development consultants offer a wide array of preparation services and will guide you through the process of effectively writing a proposal for federal government bids.
Our federal government proposal writing services include:
- A-Z proposal preparation services beginning with a thorough interview
- An in-depth review each government RFP
- Professional writing, editing, formatting and review of your proposal
- Competitive technical proposals based on the specifications and requirements of the RFP
- Pre- and Post-Bid RFP consulting services
- Teaming and subcontracting bidding approaches
- Applying strategic past performance proposal writing approaches
- Proposing a thorough understanding of RFP requirements
- Proposal management, coordination and oversight
At Watson & Associates, we can increase your probability of award by:
- Developing a winning strategy based on the content of the government’s RFP requirements
- Setting internal deadlines to meet the agency’s proposal submission date
- Introducing sound compliance matrices to prevent your government bids from being discarded by the government
- Helping you develop proposal formats that comply with government Request for Proposal responses
- Correcting technical proposal preparation mistakes
- Offering substantive legal review by experienced government contract attorneys
- Explaining and implementing government proposal writing and development strategies to overcome past performance hurdles and increasing your technical proposal scores
- Helping you effectively use teaming partners and subcontractors when writing a proposal
- Government proposal writing strategies to withstand a potential bid protest. Note that we cannot use protective order information to give our clients an unfair advantage in the procurement process
Access to in-depth guidance will help you avoid common and costly mistakes when writing a proposal. Let Watson & Associates’ government proposal writers assist you in narrowing down your specific ideas and perfecting the language within an RFP response.
Government Proposal Writing Strategies for Large companies
For large companies, our government proposal writing consulting team also serves as a point of contact to:
- Train government proposal writers on current strategies and trends
- Avoid costly mistakes most commonly found in high-profile litigation
- Implement technical proposal formats, processes and outlines
Government Proposal Development for Small Businesses
Small businesses encounter serious challenges with full and open government proposals because of tough competition from larger contractors’ bids. At Watson & Associates, our government proposal writers and proposal development consulting team specialize in providing full-service help to small businesses in order to avoid costly mistakes and to
- Avoid consequences of writing a proposal that cannot withstand a bid protest or size appeal
- Bypassing common pitfalls when teaming with other government contractors
- Combat deadly elimination strategies used by agencies in technical proposal evaluations
- Develop proven federal government proposal writing ideas that lead to larger contracts
Competitive Government Technical Proposals
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) and other courts are filled with bid protest cases due to companies submitting weak or noncompliant technical proposals. Our consultants will guide you through the proper steps of submitting a bid that outlines how you propose to solve an agency’s problem.
Our government contract consultants help you minimize the risk of losing a bid protest by:
- Writing more persuasive and thorough technical proposals
- Focusing on more than just the basic RFP requirements
- Implementing proposal trade-offs for best value analysis
- Submitting proposals that demonstrate less risk to the agency
Our consultants will also help you effectively use teaming partners to reach larger projects, provide effective proposals with required small business subcontracting plans, and become more competitive in best-value solicitations as well as lowest-priced-technically (LPT) acceptable bids.
Common Government Proposal Writing Questions
Past performance is one of the most highly rated proposal evaluation factors for the source selection team. Our federal proposal writing professionals empower you to strengthen past performance responses in order to increase evaluation scores. Here are just a few common questions our consultants can answer:
- How does the agency rate government proposals?
- How do I create value in my technical proposal?
- What can I do to make sure that my staffing plan is adequate?
Your response to a government request for proposal (RFP) must meet the basic compliance requirements as stated in the solicitation, or it will automatically be thrown out. Once requirements are met, relevancy and complexity become the two primary factors that the government evaluates. We will show you the strategies and ideas that minimize the impact of a lower score.
Our lawyers and proposal writing consultants have seen many proposals awards stripped away in bid protests. We help you avoid this daunting result by our experience sitting on source selection teams for the federal government and our understanding of government contract law.
Government contract proposal
At Watson & Associates, our perspective in government contract proposal writing comes from attorneys who are involved in bid protest litigation on a daily basis, which is something other proposal writing firms cannot offer.
- Proposal outlines: Our government proposal writers see first-hand the common mistakes made by small businesses and even large DOD contractors. We ensure that your proposal outline mirrors the agency’s expectations and that a sound compliance matrix is in place from the onset.
- Technical proposal format: A common mistake made in federal proposals is omitting the required format set by the agency. Our consultants help you avoid these basic mistakes.
- Best value approaches: Your government proposal only reaches the final pile when the agency sees value. Although best value can be reached by evaluating your technical proposal and past performance, successful proposals introduce unique offerings. The agency may also be willing to pay a higher premium for this added value.
- Proposal topics: Although the agency sets the format for you to follow, our government proposal consultants show you how to inject topics that actually get the attention of government contracting agencies. Writing a winning government proposal also means outshining the competition by adding value without additional costs. (This information is good – although just another rendition of what has been stated over and over – but we need to find a place for it. Under “Common Questions” is not the place. I considered placing it under “Technical Proposals.”)
Proposal Writing Resources and Downloads
- Avoid 5 Costly Proposal Mistakes for Bidding on Large Contracts
- Adopt Strategies to Win Government Contracts
- Avoid Getting Your Award Stripped in a Bid Protest for Hiring Incumbent Personnel Under the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule
- Avoid Costly Mistakes When Preparing Proposals With Undisclosed Government Estimates
Upcoming Government Proposal Writing Training Workshops
Review Critical Information on Government Proposal Writing Strategies
Our federal government proposal writers assist national and international contractors regardless of business or project location. Watson & Associates is home to many small businesses and Fortune 500 companies that seek high-level government proposal writers and consultants.